At a glance calendar
EARTH WEEK - APRIL 21 & 22, 2014
Celebrate our wondrous planet and learn something new during Earth Week. Lane's Sustainability Committee has organized several excellent events this year. Please attend and encourage your students, co-workers, friends and family to participate. All events are free and open to everyone.
MONDAY, APRIL 21
Screening of the movie, The Island President, 8:00 am – 10:00 am & 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Building 19, Room 226 (Center for Meeting and Learning)
First Annual Climate Summit, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Building 3, Room 216 (the Boardroom)
TUESDAY, APRIL 22
BIKE, WALK, BUS, OR CARPOOL TO LANE ON APRIL 22 AND WIN PRIZES DONATED BY LIFECYCLE BIKE SHOP!
- WHAT? Bike, walk, bus, or carpool to Lane with friends, co-workers, and students on Earth Day, Tuesday, April 22.
- WHY? Transportation is responsible for 28% of greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S. and 87% of the emissions at Lane. This fun event will help you step into healthier transportation habits in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
- WHEN & WHERE?
- 7:00 am: Meet at Amazon Station Park & Ride on 29th and Amazon Parkway.
- 9:00 am: Meet at Amazon Station Park & Ride on 29th and Amazon Parkway.
- 5:00 pm: Meet at Lane Community College, plaza south of Building 30 and bike, walk, bus, or carpool to Amazon Station.
Each bike and walk group will have experienced leaders with safety equipment. All participants will have the opportunity to enter a raffle for prizes donated by our sponsor, Lifecycle Bike Shop! https://www.lanecc.edu/sustainability/events. Contact: Jennifer Hayward
- Vendor fair: local bike shops and other organizations supporting sustainability in our community will offer displays and information, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Group bike and walk from Lane to Amazon Station, 5:00 pm.
REDUCE YOUR GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS BY CARPOOLING
January 14, 2014
Those who carpool to Lane can use one of the twelve premium parking spots in lots B and L. All you have to do is arrive at Lane with at least two people in your vehicle. No signing up or permitting is required. If you carpool to Lane, please feel free to use one of these spots. If you currently drive alone, please consider signing up for Lane's carpool matching service, Zimride, at http://www.zimride.lanecc.edu/. Zimride current has over 1000 Lane users and the average number of potential carpool matches per user is 34. Since Lane began using Zimride as our carpool matching service, carpoolers have saved up to $634,761, 45,295 gallons of gas, and 878,030 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions. Contact: Jennifer Hayward.